Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Diabetes, A1C

Ever since the day I was diagnosed with diabetes, I have been told that my A1C should be in the 7.0-8.0 range. Very rarely, has my A1C been below 8.0. I feel like no matter how hard I try to keep my blood sugars under control, they just aren't! Now, that I'm an adult, I am being told that my A1C should be in the 6.0 range. How am I suppose to do that?! That would be great if I could get my A1C to be that low but it feels impossible. I have been watching my blood sugars on my CGM (continuous glucose monitor), hoping that will help but it doesn't really seem to be doing much. I'm hoping it will just take time. Today, my blood sugar was never below 200. I was giving myself insulin every time I ate and every time I saw my blood sugar was high...nothing helped. I was even pretty active today which usually makes my blood sugar drop! I know that if I don't get this under control, I am going to have complications later in life. But what am I suppose to do when I feel like I have done everything I can??? It would be so easy to just give up, but at the same time it will be easy for me to get extremely sick...I am feeling like I am in a lose, lose situation.

http://www.diabetes.org/living-with-diabetes/treatment-and-care/blood-glucose-control/a1c/

No comments:

Post a Comment