Wednesday, October 30, 2013

This really shouldn't be this difficult!

I'm really frustrated with my doctor, the diabetes educator and the people at the pump company. Two or three months ago I filled out paper work for an insulin pump. A couple weeks later I got a phone call saying the insurance company had approved it and I wouldn't have to pay anything out of pocket and it would be shipped the following week. Weeks went by and there was no insulin pump. Come to find out the insurance company needed more info from my doctor. They needed a reason why my last insulin pump didn't work for me. We filled out more paperwork. A week or so later I got a phone call from the diabetes educator that works with my doctor and she said I had been approved. She gave me the contact information for a pump rep. All this time I have been emailing a guy that is a pump rep for the whole eastern shore. I told him what the educator said and to get my pump shipped he needed an approval letter or some sort of documentation from the insurance company verifying that they had approved it. The one person that would have those documents is the diabetes educator since she is the One that called me and said I was approved...but do you think she had it? No. After a couple days of not hearing anything I emailed the pump guy that's in charge of the eastern shore. Come to find out the insurance company needs records of my blood sugars before they can approve me for my pump. Why have I been told TWICE that I was approved when I really wasn't?!?! Why do these people insist on getting me excited by telling me I can get an insulin pump when really they have no f****** clue? It is so aggravating. And I bet if I hadn't been staying in contact with everyone I would of never known any of this. This is a big load of BS. I've gotten so excited because I think my insulin pump is on its way but really we have no idea if I can even get one yet. Ugh!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Katie! I understand it can be frustrating when it feels like people don't have enough info on diabetes. I'm working on trying to educate as many people on diabetes as possible. Please email me at mtrucillo(at)recallcenter(dot)com, I'd love your input!

    ReplyDelete