Thursday, November 20, 2014

Birth Control and Depression Part 2

I haven't posted since February. My last blog post was about birth control and how it increased depression, bipolar, etc. Since then I have tried the Paraguard IUD and once again I was not happy with it.

Unlike other birth control, this IUD didn't have any hormones in it so I figured it was worth trying. I think I had the IUD for about a month before I decided to take it out. The entire time I had it, I had the worse cramps. They were worse than menstrual cramps. So, I do not recommend an IUD.


 I started seeing a new doctor and so I explained to her my problem with birth control. She told me about this one birth control that didn't have as much hormone in it so it might not interfere with my moods. It's only 85% effective but once again I figured it was worth a shot.

By the second day of taking it I was already having mood swings. I was going from one extreme to the next. Yeah, I know I just about do this every day even without birth control but now it was worse.


 I've been taking the pill now for 5 days and guess what? I'm not happy with it. The littlest things are making me feel like I could punch someone in the face. I couldn't find something in my purse and you probably would have thought the world was ending. I went from being mellow and chilled out to extremely pissed off and ready to fight in a matter of seconds....over something so stupid.




I have also noticed that I've been in a depressed kind of mood for a few days. I'm not really sad about anything but I'm not very cheerful, and I'm not in the mood to be around people. I hate it. I hate birth control.

Now I have to decide whether or not I want to stick it out for another month or 2 to see if it improves (I highly doubt this is going to happen.) or if I just want to throw the pills away right now and be done with it. I'm going to be bipolar with or without the pills but just how shitty do I really want to feel?  I hate this and wish I could just be "normal" for a change but once again I am reminded how challenging my life really is. But I do know it could be a lot worse. It's just hard to look at it that way sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment